The Ohio Supercomputer Center Summer Institute is a two-week (June 8-20, 2014) residential program that gives gifted Ohio high school students entering their sophomore, junior or senior year project-based, hands-on learning. Working in small peer teams, the students use supercomputers for practical applications such as solving complex science and engineering problems, conducting network forensics to catch hackers, studying the spread of the bird flu and designing computer games.
- Exposure to world of supercomputers and their real-world applications
- Gain a competitive edge in future educational and professional pursuits
- Work directly with experts in science, engineering and computer science
- Learn how to work with others while developing project management and interpersonal skills
- Develop friendships with other students who have similar interests
- By living in dorms, experience a taste of college life